2018 PEX Award Winners/Finalists
Best Business Transformation Process
This award is designed to recognize breakthrough business change using Lean, Operational Excellence, BPM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or any recognized Operational Excellence tool set. Top entrants will be judged on the ability to prove their strategic and functional results, as well as clarity in execution, communication and sustainability throughout the process.
- Legal Lean Sigma Institute LLC - Legal WorkOut® (Winner)
- Citibank Singapore Limited - Citilean @ Contact Centre Singapore
- Optus - Service & Sales the Right Way
- Singtel - Project Trampoline
- State Street Corporation - Global Operations Trade Monitoring
- Telus - Bill Credit Reduction Program
Best Project Contributing to Customer Excellence
This award is designed to recognize projects having a major impact on the customer experience. In addition to being judged for business impact and execution, the judges will also be looking for evidence of tangible improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Globe Telecom Inc - Project Watch (Winner)
- Optus - Project Remedy
- Pentec Health Inc - Snap-N-Go/Dilute-N-Go
- Singtel - Project Awaken
- Yorkshire Building Society - The Lettings Team Process
Best Improvement Project Under 90 Days
This award is designed to recognize the business impact, team management and scope of projects with short cycle times and quick wins for the business. Projects in this category are expected to be no more than 90 days in length. If your project exceeds this then please submit to one of the other project categories. Points will be awarded for business impact, project execution, innovation and impact on the customer.
- Credit Union Australia - Home Loan Switch Online (Winner)
- AES Tietê - Emergency Gates Rods Replacement Procedure of AGV
- Singtel - Project CPU
- VMware - Call Abandonment
- Yorkshire Building Society - Our Mortgage Application Process
Best Technology-Enabled Process Improvement Project
This award is designed to recognize success in individual projects where processes are improved and enabled by technology. This technology could range from automation, BPM, AI, data and analytics, CRM and many more. Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate successful results across people, process and IT Projects will be judged on initial implementation success, future sustainability, governance and business impact.
- VITAS Healthcare - Patient Experience Improvement with Mobile Technology (Winner)
- AES Tietê - Implementation of Technological Tools Benefiting Planning, Scheduling and Maintenance Areas and Their Leadership
- Nielsen - Quality Control Tower
- State Street Corporation - FX Gross vs Net, Payments and Receipts Lean Improvement
- VMware - Global Order Management & Fulfillment
- VMware - Pipeline Optimization
Most Innovative Approach to Driving Culture Change
This award is designed to recognize success and innovation in driving culture change within an organization. Applicants will be assessed on originality of approach, evidence of employee engagement and achievement of a cultural change over time as well as demonstration of a clear vision for what the culture change is to achieve.
- Yorkshire Building Society - Bringing or Customer to Life through our Colleagues (Winner)
- Optum - World Class Quality at Optum
- Singtel - Project Trampoline
- State Street Corporation - Building a Culture of Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Best Improvement Program Deployment (Over 2 Years)
This award is to recognize the vision, business impact and sustainability of mature Business Operational Excellence Programs – covering Lean, Operational Excellence, BPM, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement or any other recognized Operational Excellence tool. Entries will be judged on their strategy, capacity for delivery to business and customers, communication and also the extent to which they have created an environment for change and development for staff.
- Singtel - Winning in the Digital Era with Operational Excellence (Winner)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - SBT Program
- BNY Mellon - Client Service Delivery
- Sime Darby - Sime Darby Lean Six Sigma Business Management Strategy
- Sodexo - Sodexo's In-House CI Program
Operational Excellence Leader of the Year
This award is intended to recognize the strategic input of program or deployment leader professionals leading the company-wide improvement strategy for any recognized Operational Excellence approaches. Finalists will be expected to demonstrate vision, strategic leadership and influence at an enterprise-wide level.
- Singtel - Yew Ker Ling (Winner)
- 3M Service Center EMEA - Rafal Olejniczak
- Sime Darby - Azman Shah Mohamed Noor
- State Street Corporation - Loren Bishop
- VMware - Pradeep Vancheeswaran
- WellCare - Jennifer Bryk